Terms and Conditions for entry into Dairy Business of the Year (DBOY):
- The DBOY entry fee invoice will be issued by DBOY and must be paid within 30 days of invoicing.
- Entries close on Friday 31st March 2019. Late entries may be accepted after this date at the organiser's discretion. A $100 + GST late entry fee may be charged.
- All entrants must be either a New Zealand Dairy Farm Owner, Sharemilker or a Farm Manager provided there is written approval from the Farm Owner.
- Entrants are not obligated to be part of the DBOY event and may wish to enter with the sole purpose of benchmarking their farm systems, people management, environmental performance and profitability against their peers within the DBOY event.
- All entrants must provide a copy of their annual accounts for the relevant season, a current Overseer file for the farm, as well as completing the DBOY event supplementary data collection form. If applicable, you are also required to answer any queries by DBOY to ensure accurate data entry. Failing to meet any query deadlines may result in missing finalist selection and/or a delay in preparing your report.
- Where there are discrepancies in information provided by third parties, e.g. Overseer, the information on the entry form and / or data collection form will take precedence. While every effort will be taken to ensure the information provided is correct, DBOY takes no responsibility for data provided by third parties.
- Information collected from the DBOY event will be used in analysis as general data only for the benefit of the New Zealand Dairy Industry, and will not be identifiable as being from individual farms. However, DBOY event finalists' data will be identifiable to the public and could be published in the rural press, farming magazines or sponsors advertising material (see Clause 15 for more detail).
- DBOY event organisers reserve the right to contact the entrant for either the purpose of gathering further technical information or for promotional purposes.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misplaced entry forms.
- All entrants' details will be held by the management of DBOY and may be used for promotional purposes by the DBOY event organisers and sponsors.
- All entrants must be legally complaint with Regional Council (in terms of effluent compliance) to be eligible to become a finalist. However these farms may still enter to receive an analysis and written report.
- All entrants must comply with current employment and Health & Safety legislation to be eligible for a DBOY award. However, these farms may still enter to receive a DBOY analysis and written report.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- DBOY event winners agree that they will not enter into any form of promotional or advertising activity in relation to the DBOY event without first obtaining the written permission of DBOY event organisers. Such permission shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- DBOY event winners will be profiled in upcoming publications of NZDairyFarmer and NZFarmer, and may also be used from time to time by other DBOY sponsors in their advertising material. Winners may also be featured on the DBOY webpage, DBOY's Facebook page and other social media avenues.
- The DBOY event awards evening will announce the Regional Winners, Runner Up and Overall Winner of the New Zealand Dairy Business of the Year event.
- DBOY Regional Winners acknowledge that DBOY may approach them to host a field day on their farm in either October, November or early December. Other than providing their time, this should not incur any cost to the Regional Winners
Theland Farm Group Study Tour Award Terms and Conditions